Graff & Peterson Dental LLC Unique Services - Snoring Relief & More
Oral Bacteria Testing:
Periodontal Disease Facts:
According to the American Dental Association (ADA), an estimated 75% of all Americans over the age of 35 have some form of periodontal (gum) disease. Science continues to find links between an unhealthy mouth and increased risk of heart disease, diabetes, cancer, stroke, unhealthy pregnancy and other diseases. This link is being referred to as the "Oral / Systemic Connection."
We now have a simple, fast and painless test that can determine the specific bacteria present in your mouth and the concentration levels. This allows us to bring treatment of periodontal disease to a whole new level.
Reasons this Test may be Recommended for You:
- Clinical signs of infection are present (i.e. red, swollen or bleeding gums, deep periodontal pockets, or bone loss around teeth)
- Family history of periodontal disease
- An upcoming surgery or cancer treatment
- You are pregnant or are planning for pregnancy
- Existing medical conditions that make you more susceptible to periodontal infections (i.e. diabetes, heart disease)
- You are considering cosmetic or complex restorative dentistry such as orthodontics, crowns or implants
TMJ (Bite Disease) Treatment
Please see our TMJ Treatment page!
Who doesn't want a brighter, whiter smile?! We have been seeing great results with the KoR Whitening system! There are 2 options you can choose between when wanting a more vibrant smile. If timing is of the essence, or you want a more dramatic change, choose the in-office system. If you have time and want your smile a few shades lighter, the at-home schedule may be perfect for you. Please call us with any questions you may have or check out www.KorWhitening.com or our Whitening page for more details.
How many of us get the recommended 7-13 servings of fruits & vegetables a day? We know it's difficult..... that's why we recommend Juice Plus to help bridge the gap between what we should eat and what we actually eat! Made from 7 different fruits and 10 vegetables and grains Juice Plus has been shown to:
- deliver key antioxidants and other phytonutrients that are absorbed by the body
- reduce oxidative stress
- positively impact markers of systemic inflammation
- help support a healthy immune system and protect DNA
- positively impact several important indicators of cardiovascular wellness
- improve periodontal (gum) health
Juice Plus is conveniently available in capsules or tasty chewables. Please check out www.GraffPetersonSharesJuicePlus.com or call the office to learn more!
Do you snore?
Snoring is a problem that can affect any of us and also our loved ones. This used to be thought of as a nuisance, but it is now known to have implications to your overall health and can be a sign of sleep apnea. Snoring is caused by restriction in the air flow by the repositioning of tissue in the back of the mouth when sleeping. If you snore, there are ways we can help with oral appliance therapy (OAT). This is a successful method to help reduce or eliminate snoring in many people. OAT involves holding your lower jaw forward while you sleep in a way that creates more air way space making it easier to breath. To see if you would be a good candidate for OAT, call our office for an examination.